Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday!

I don't really have anything amazing to write today. No big, philosophical post about Good Friday and what that means to me. Simply put, Easter Sunday is the most important day in the Christian year. Sure, Jesus' birth was a big deal. But we are not saved by His birth, but rather by the grace given us through His death. And that death is commemorated today with Good Friday. That's a huge, huge deal. So I'll leave it at that.

Last night we attended the Maundy Thursday service at our new church. We loved it! The fellowship and emphasis on service and Christ were amazing, and we met so many new people. We're really liking this new church and I look forward to the Easter service there this Sunday!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy *almost* Easter! I hope you and your have have a great holiday weekend!

Andrea said...

Thanks! We did! I hope yours was lovely, too :)

Arinne said...

I'm so happy to read that you might have found your new religious home! That took me a good 6 years in Boston, and has made such a difference in our lives. Since I know your faith is such a central part/foundation of your life, I hope this will be a real homecoming for you and Brian!

Andrea said...

Thank you! We haven't made any sort of commitment yet, but we love it. It feels so strange to go to a different church than the one I grew up in, but it seems to be a perfect match for us. We feel so welcome, and the Anabaptist focus on service and community is exactly what we've been looking for. Yay!