Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Light Hearted

There is an unbelievable lightness in my soul these days, folks. I don't know why, and I can't really explain it. Maybe it's the fact that it's Spring, maybe it's because I'm finally feeling human again, or maybe it's because I'm surrounded by people I love. I don't know, but I like it. I have a renewed energy for things I've been slacking on. You know: things like cleaning, cooking good food for us, or getting out and about. I'm feeling better about life in general (which is funny, since the world as we know it is headed to Hell in a handbasket, right?) and my life specifically. Being a good wife is getting easier with practice every day, remembering to squelch anger or negativity in its path is getting far easier, and enjoying doing things around the house. The infertility roller coaster is still on its path, but I feel more at ease. I totally credit that to the fact that we've just given it to God. We'll keep up the Clomid and such, and just trust God for the timing. It's making it easier to handle emotionally, I know that! I have a new peace about my whole life, and it's like being comfortable in my skin for the first time in a long, long time.

As I mentioned last week, I read a lot of blogs. Seriously, ya'll. Today I spent the day checking in on Stellan and Tricia as they faced their individual medical challenges. And praising the Lord that Kayleigh is doing well so far in her recovery. I cannot begin to explain just how much these families (and others, as well) have touched me lately and added to my own personal growth. They are all facing incredible medical issues but still keep smiling and encouraging others. None of them are the least bit afraid of sharing their faith, either. Which is refreshing and has encouraged me to feel okay doing the same. It can be a bit daunting to step out of your comfort zone and talk about your relationship with the Lord. As much as you don't want to think it, you worry about what your friends will think or say. I'm pretty much done with that, just to give you fair warning. I'm constantly amazed by what my God can do, and these three awesome families have helped me be comfortable sharing it! Yay for them!

So, I'm spending the forseeable future surrounding myself with positive people, being as joyful as I can possibly be, and just being happy in my life. Suddenly it's just a good day, every day. I don't know what it is, but I like it!

No comments: