Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm a horrible blogger....

Every day I go through about 10 blogs, checking in to see what everyone has been up to, the progress Nie is making by reading CJane's blog (please click! Or donate!  And pray!), and basically keep in touch with people.  There is a blog that I have been following for quite some time that hasn't been updated in nearly a month. Rather than being annoyed that I don't have new posts to read, I'm very worried about this lady.  What has happened in her life to keep her from updated her friends and family that read her blog?  She has a chronically ill daughter; has she taken a turn for the worse? What's going on with this sweet family!?!  

Then, it hit me.  I haven't updated in ages.  What if other people feel that way about my blog (I hope, I hope)?  So, I promise I will be better about updating.  I would love to write daily and keep people in the loop, so to speak.  But days have a tendency to run away from me around here.  Four "vicarious kids", a husband with a 60 hour work week, a house to clean and two jobs will do that to ya.  But I don't want other people to have to worry about whether or not we're okay!

We are, for the record, just fine.  We've made it into (and nearly through!) the fall.  We had a great Halloween party Friday night and enjoyed having lots of people here.  We're basically doing great!  We are too busy and need some free time to hang out together, but that's just par for us. If I haven't told you yet, I failed my second round of Clomid last month, so we've upped the dose again this month.  I've nearly finished it, so we'll see what happens in about 12 days or so when I go for the ultrasound.  I'm hopeful, but still realistic.  

In other news,  I'm working my tail off getting the shop ready for Christmas, and Brian is working his butt off for the Bargain Basement Retail Chain.  We need to start Christmas shopping, too.  We'll be starting on our Operation Christmas Child box this week, finally.  If you're looking for a great thing to do, this is it!  I cannot tell you the joy that we get out of this mission each year.  They do great things, and need your help.  Hurry -- those boxes have a long way to travel before Christmas!  However, I think it's a horrid sign of the time that the economy has gotten so bad that we (and lots of others) have had to cut back to only doing one box this year.  Christmas will be small but meaningful at the Baileys household this year!  I hate that that has to effect our charitable contributions, but it does.  

I haven't approached politics at all on my blog, I know.  And I won't now.  But please, above all else, if you choose to vote make sure you cast an informed vote.  Seek out non-partisan news, unbiased d facts, and don't trust the things you read in your email.  And while you're at it, read this book.  I'll cover more on it when I finish it!

Okay, I have to get to bed.  I'm sorry to keep you all hanging for so long, and hope that you're still with me.  Have a great week!

No comments: