Monday, April 19, 2010

My Blog Is Growing Up....

When I started this blog, Brian and I were just married. There were a lot of adjustments to make, and we were starting to think about trying to have a baby. I originally wanted to hide this blog, to keep it just for myself and maybe a friend or two. Definitely not the majority of our family or complete "strangers". I griped a lot, used the F word copiously, and didn't censor myself at all.

And then, eventually, I changed. I started censoring myself in real life a bit (those of you who know me IRL are shocked, I know), I've been trying to watch my potty mouth, and I'm much more open about our fertility issues. I've realized that most people with infertility hide it from everyone in their lives, and so compound the isolation we already feel. I flat refuse to do that, in case you haven't noticed. I try to live my life as an example of certain things, and how to deal with IF without going crazy is one of those things. We cannot be defined by our fertility or lack thereof any more than we can be defined by the books we read, jobs we hold, or car we drive. I'm going to deal with my infertility right out loud.

Now, I share this blog address on my Facebook page, via Twitter updates, and give it to family and friends. I want people to be familiar with what's going on in our lives, not just infertility but our many misadventures. My blog has become my forum, my chance to make a tiny difference. The chance to share my faith in Christ, to help others dealing with infertility, and get the thoughts rattling around in my head out and about. As I try to do this more often, there are a few things that I want to be able to do. Things that Blogger doesn't allow. And lately ol' Blogger and I have been fighting more often than not.

So, much as I left LiveJournal when my blogging needs outgrew it, I am leaving Blogger. I invite you all to join me at my new address.....


I tried to get "Baileys Adventures", but somebody named Bailey apparently thought she'd post about her adventures, too. Except that she never had any and there is nothing on her site. So add 'The' and come on over. Make note of the new address, change your blog readers, edit your bookmarks. Because the boxes are packed, the truck is loaded, the posts are exported, and I'm heading to WordPress. There's a post there waiting for you, too....

No comments: