Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday, Monday....again

Ugh. Yet another Monday? Where do these things come from? We had a great weekend, and I hoped to go into the week well-rested and at great peace with the world. Unfortunately, when I was still laying awake (lying? laid? Whatever - prostrate in bed, ya'll) last night at 2 AM....well, all that flew out the window. I couldn't shut my brain off and I couldn't stop Brian's freight train-esque snoring (more on that in a minute). And a couple random men were talking outside (it's two AM!!). So today I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Saturday was lovely, as I spent the day with Mama at a bluegrass festival nearby. We saw several great bands, ate yummy food, talked a lot, and generally hung out. The weather was gorgeous and we were home in time to get ready for the next day's reunion.

Sunday was the Hill Reunion. My cousin and I organize the whole thing, and it's a ball. The weather was just as lovely, the food twice as good, and the people entertaining as always. I'll be posting some pictures here and on our reunion website hopefully later tonight or tomorrow, so be sure to check them out.

Other than all that, I don't have a lot to write about. We're just working, trying to get a few big projects around here taken care of (like rebuilding a bookshelf, done last weekend!), and thinking about Fall and Winter. We're shooting for a mostly-handmade Christmas again this year, and I can't very well blog about that, can I? Over half our family and friends read this! Just suffice it to say that I'm teaching myself to knit and embroider, and leave it at that. Mama is preparing for her double knee replacement, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to help her for a few weeks/months as well. Brian was diagnosed with mild to moderate sleep apnea last week (yay for concrete diagnosis of something!!). He'll go back in next week to be fitted for a CPAP machine and will hopefully be better rested very soon.

So, bear with us. I'll blog when I have something to write about. Look for pictures coming soon. And pardon me while I go take a nap.....

1 comment:

MadHat76 said...

I need to slow down when I'm reading...I thought it said Brian was getting a CRAP machine. Oops! :)