Monday, August 3, 2009

Playing Catch Up, the Monday Edition

Yes, it's been a week since I posted. Yes, I missed a Thank God...It's Friday. Yes, it's been incredibly busy this week, and yes, I'm going to attempt to make excuses for my lack of posting. Seriously, though, it has been nutty around here in such a good way. Let's hit the high points...

I've filled all my day care spots. Woo hoo! Our live is arranged around my having five children in day care and that hasn't happened since last August. It'll take a few months of finagling, but I'll have five actual bodies in care full time by March 2010. Between now and then I'll be covering for Mama's surgery leave and another day care provider's maternity leave. But I start a new child part time next week, and a new child full time the week after that, so I'm not complaining.

We're battling ants again. Imagine my surprise when I came downstairs and found a huge (HUGE!) pile of ants on my downstairs carpet. Someone, who shall of course remain nameless, spilled her Pepsi the night before and only thought it was well-cleaned up. Apparently not so much. So for now, there are ant traps and some manner of "perimeter defense" that Brian put down that makes the yard off-limits for a week.

I've been working with Ford Maverick to make a logo for my Baileys Basics shop. I'll link to it once I get the shop all finished up. I'm working on making my shop stand alone instead of being connected to Etsy, so it's time to brand that baby. You'll notice I didn't link to Ford's site...if you know him, you have the address or can find it. I don't want anyone to hop over there from here and be completely shocked, so there's no link. You'll understand, I know.

I'm full-tilt into working on our Hill Reunion for 2009. This year there will be website for our family to use. Check it out at www.hill-reunion.com and let me know what you think.

I've been busy collecting fabric to make slings and baby wraps for the shop. Someday I'll actually get it all ironed, cut, pinned, and sewn. Sure I will.

This past Thursday evening, MadHat76, VA, and I left for Washington, DC. We attended Women of Faith on Friday and Saturday. If you've never been to a Women of Faith conference, you are seriously missing an amazing experience. I can honestly say that it was one of my best experiences ever, that I was surprised by how much I loved it, and that I learned so much about myself and my relationship with the Lord. I cannot wait to go again next year. If you're interested in joining us next year, please let me know. We had an absolute ball!

Yesterday I spent the day recovering from the weekend. I was exhausted so I slept in late and then took a nap in the early evening. Now that my spirit is refreshed from WOF, I need the rest of my body to get in line and get caught up.

Even though it's been a busy week (month, really), we have a busy August coming up. Some things we're looking forward to are a George Jones concert with my family, hopefully a sewing weekend with the YaYaPrincess, another yard sale, and several reunions and picnics.

For now, I'd encourage you to go straight over to MaxeyWeb and catch up with Annette. She is not doing well and I am very worried, as I know many other folks are, too. Please love on her family and pray for this sweet little girl. Her family lost their first daughter to cancer and simply shouldn't have to lose their second little girl, too. Pray hard for her!

Smooches and love to you all, and a hope for a great Monday!

No comments: