Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend Update

Hey, everyone! I think maybe the blog-gy audience is growing a bit, and I hope you all had a great Long Weekend. The weekend of the fourth was celebrated in Baileysland by accomplishing a lot and spending a lot of time with friends and family.

Friday, Brian and I went to the store and prepared the house for a cookout. Since we had a cookout last year, this may be becoming a yearly tradition. The Bum, The Cousin, and The Godson came over again, accompanied this year by Virgin, Bean, and The Deputy. We got rained in, so it turned into dinner in the dining room. We discovered that while we have plenty of plates and utensils, and always plenty of food, we are eternally lacking in chairs.

Saturday we were up early for the Farmer's Market, which was great as usual. Squash, zucchini, carrots, potatoes, and beeswax came home with us. Since our own veggies are floundering, it's a good thing that the market can provide us with yummy, locally grown goodies.

Saturday evening found us that the Pavilion in Charlottesville, braving a monsoon for a Black Crowes show. We sought shelter at Little Bro and Sweet Lizzy's new apartment, which is snazzy and already fun! I'll have pictures of the show up when I have a bit more time.

Sunday morning we popped out of bed and headed over to Crozet to visit the site that Bro and Sweet Lizzy have chosen for their impending nuptials. It's absolutely beautiful, all green and mountainous. I promised Sweet Lizzy that I wouldn't post pictures and spoil the surprise for anyone, so I'll not do that. Trust me, it's pretty!

Sunday afternoon found us running around town picking up yarn for new Baileys Basics adventures and cleaning our disgusting downstairs carpet. It's amazing how much dirt a year can deposit on your floor, cool vacuum or no. The room looks great and smells nice, too. I heart my Bissell Proheat 2x.

On the reproductive front, there is still nothing to really report. One long, continuous, 160 day cycle. I am scheduled to head to see Slush Friday for an ultrasound, so we'll see what that shows. This should be the most depressing thing yet, but we're in a pretty good place about it. We've discussed what we think the problems are, what some solutions would be, and how far we are willing to go to have a child biologically. We're so open to adoption that it's already on the table, too. At this point, I'm totally okay with not ever being pregnant -- it's not about being pregnant, it's about having a child. I don't care who they look like or where they come from, so long as they're ours soon. I'm not terribly upset, but I am seriously doubting that I'll ever conceive. Call it a premonition, a hunch, or crazy. I know my body, and I don't think it's going to cooperate like we were hoping. God has given me a huge peace about this, and shown me other ways. We'll have children -- I just may not make them from scratch. Thanks to everyone who's being so supportive, and for not letting me obsess. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: